Los Angeles News
Man hurt after jumping from burning Compton building
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was taken to the hospital after he was forced to jump from a burning building in Compton.
Flames broke out overnight in an abandoned two-story building the 100 block of East Maple Street. Multiple crews were called to the scene to knock down the flames.
Several people were inside at the time. At least two were forced to jump from the second story.
One homeless man was taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries he received when he jumped.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 57 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 57 min ago