Los Angeles News
Covina suspect at large after mobile home park shooting
COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a suspect wanted in connection with a shooting at a Covina mobile home park that left a man injured Sunday night.
Covina police responded to the 1300 block of North Citrus Avenue shortly before 11 p.m. and found a man lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to the neck.
Paramedics treated the 23-year-old victim at the scene and transported him to an area hospital. Officers say he was last listed in stable condition and is expected to recover from his injuries.
Detectives are looking for the suspected shooter, 29-year-old Jerry Guerrero of Covina, after they served a search warrant at his home. He is described as Hispanic, standing 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 200 pounds, with several tattoos on his face and upper torso. His vehicle is described as a 1999 silver or gray BMW 540i with license plate number 5STN305.
Police say Guerrero is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him is asked to call 911 immediately.
shooting, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 7 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break