Los Angeles News
Covina suspect at large after mobile home park shooting
COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a suspect wanted in connection with a shooting at a Covina mobile home park that left a man injured Sunday night.
Covina police responded to the 1300 block of North Citrus Avenue shortly before 11 p.m. and found a man lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to the neck.
Paramedics treated the 23-year-old victim at the scene and transported him to an area hospital. Officers say he was last listed in stable condition and is expected to recover from his injuries.
Detectives are looking for the suspected shooter, 29-year-old Jerry Guerrero of Covina, after they served a search warrant at his home. He is described as Hispanic, standing 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 200 pounds, with several tattoos on his face and upper torso. His vehicle is described as a 1999 silver or gray BMW 540i with license plate number 5STN305.
Police say Guerrero is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him is asked to call 911 immediately.
shooting, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 29 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 46 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 57 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 30 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 7 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'