Los Angeles News
Covina suspect at large after mobile home park shooting
COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a suspect wanted in connection with a shooting at a Covina mobile home park that left a man injured Sunday night.
Covina police responded to the 1300 block of North Citrus Avenue shortly before 11 p.m. and found a man lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to the neck.
Paramedics treated the 23-year-old victim at the scene and transported him to an area hospital. Officers say he was last listed in stable condition and is expected to recover from his injuries.
Detectives are looking for the suspected shooter, 29-year-old Jerry Guerrero of Covina, after they served a search warrant at his home. He is described as Hispanic, standing 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 200 pounds, with several tattoos on his face and upper torso. His vehicle is described as a 1999 silver or gray BMW 540i with license plate number 5STN305.
Police say Guerrero is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him is asked to call 911 immediately.
shooting, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 7 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 36 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 43 min ago