Los Angeles News
Bear spotted in Sierra Madre neighborhood
SIERRA MADRE, Calif. (KABC) -- There has been another bear sighting in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. This time, a young black bear took a midday stroll through a Sierra Madre neighborhood.
The female bear was spotted around 10:40 a.m. Monday making her way to the 200 block of Montecito Avenue.
Authorities say she has been seen in the area several times before but never this far down from the mountains.
Members of the Department of Fish and Wildlife chased her into a tree but were able to safely tranquilize her. They plan on releasing her back into the Angeles National Forest.
At least five bears have been spotted in nearby Monrovia over the past few months. Two of these bears even broke into a home and ransacked a kitchen table.
animal news, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company 16 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies 51 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report