Los Angeles News
Lost dog possibly ran from Powerhouse Fire; owner sought
ELIZABETH LAKE, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Residents in Elizabeth Lake are hoping to find the owner of a lost dog. The German Shepherd has been living on the lakefront for several days.
Residents say the dog probably got loose during the massive Powerhouse Fire and fled the flames. Neighbors have been bringing him food and keeping him company every day.
Animal control officials won't pick him up, but they're convinced the dog's owner can't be far away.
"He belongs to somebody, so maybe he just got away in the fire, the chaos of the fire. We need to find his home, so I hope the owners who are looking for him will please come and get him," said Denise, a woman who found the dog.
She calls the dog "Bubba" and says he was obviously wearing a collar before the fire.
animal news, fire, brush fire, angeles national forest, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 39 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour