Los Angeles News
Lost dog possibly ran from Powerhouse Fire; owner sought
ELIZABETH LAKE, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Residents in Elizabeth Lake are hoping to find the owner of a lost dog. The German Shepherd has been living on the lakefront for several days.
Residents say the dog probably got loose during the massive Powerhouse Fire and fled the flames. Neighbors have been bringing him food and keeping him company every day.
Animal control officials won't pick him up, but they're convinced the dog's owner can't be far away.
"He belongs to somebody, so maybe he just got away in the fire, the chaos of the fire. We need to find his home, so I hope the owners who are looking for him will please come and get him," said Denise, a woman who found the dog.
She calls the dog "Bubba" and says he was obviously wearing a collar before the fire.
animal news, fire, brush fire, angeles national forest, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 39 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months