Los Angeles News
Westlake District water main break shuts Wilshire Boulevard lanes
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A water main break sent water gushing across Wilshire Boulevard Wednesday morning, affecting surrounding customers.
The break was reported shortly before 4:30 a.m. on Wilshire Boulevard between Bixel Street and Lucas Avenue in the Westlake District.
As of 10:45 a.m., Wilshire Boulevard remained closed, as crews worked to fix the ruptured 8-inch main. Repairs were expected to be finished around 4 p.m.
The break caused a big mess, as water bubbled up from underground and rushed down the street. About 20 to 30 customers were affected.
The cause of the break remains unknown.
water main break, road closure, traffic delay, los angeles news, john gregory
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book