Los Angeles News
Pomona toddler falls off 2nd-floor balcony; investigation under way
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a 2-year-old girl fell from a second-floor balcony at a Pomona apartment complex.
The incident happened on the 2400 block of Angela Street at about 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
Authorities say the child fell 15 feet onto the concrete below. Officials say the child sustained trauma and was airlifted to an area hospital for treatment.
According to Pomona police, the girl got onto the balcony wall of her family's apartment by climbing a pile of trash several feet high.
Officials with the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services are investigating living conditions at her home.
pomona, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 11 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 52 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 3 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
7 min ago