Los Angeles News
Pomona toddler falls off 2nd-floor balcony; investigation under way
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a 2-year-old girl fell from a second-floor balcony at a Pomona apartment complex.
The incident happened on the 2400 block of Angela Street at about 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
Authorities say the child fell 15 feet onto the concrete below. Officials say the child sustained trauma and was airlifted to an area hospital for treatment.
According to Pomona police, the girl got onto the balcony wall of her family's apartment by climbing a pile of trash several feet high.
Officials with the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services are investigating living conditions at her home.
pomona, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 45 min ago
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 8 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis