Los Angeles News
Baldwin Park father arrested in toddler's death
BALDWIN PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Baldwin Park father has been arrested in the death of his toddler son.
Joshua Vazquez, a 21-month-old boy, lived with his mother and father in the 3700 block of Downing Avenue in Baldwin Park. Authorities were called to the home Wednesday after the boy was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators say the boy's father, 32-year-old David Vazquez, took him there just before 11 a.m.
After further investigation, David Vazquez was arrested on suspicion of murder, the sheriff's department said Thursday.
Neighbors say they don't know the Vazquez family very well, but they are surprised to hear detectives don't believe the boy's death was an accident.
"We're neighbors but we don't really speak, they speak Spanish and I don't," said neighbor Jean Flores. "I can't imagine, I've never heard yelling or screaming or that the baby was crying or anything, and my kitchen window faces their front door."
Vazquez has been booked at the Baldwin Park Police Department and is being held on $1,000,000 bail.
The cause of the boy's death has not been released. The coroner is performing an autopsy.
arrest, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 22 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found 55 min ago
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 42 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film