Los Angeles News
Baldwin Park father arrested in toddler's death
BALDWIN PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Baldwin Park father has been arrested in the death of his toddler son.
Joshua Vazquez, a 21-month-old boy, lived with his mother and father in the 3700 block of Downing Avenue in Baldwin Park. Authorities were called to the home Wednesday after the boy was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators say the boy's father, 32-year-old David Vazquez, took him there just before 11 a.m.
After further investigation, David Vazquez was arrested on suspicion of murder, the sheriff's department said Thursday.
Neighbors say they don't know the Vazquez family very well, but they are surprised to hear detectives don't believe the boy's death was an accident.
"We're neighbors but we don't really speak, they speak Spanish and I don't," said neighbor Jean Flores. "I can't imagine, I've never heard yelling or screaming or that the baby was crying or anything, and my kitchen window faces their front door."
Vazquez has been booked at the Baldwin Park Police Department and is being held on $1,000,000 bail.
The cause of the boy's death has not been released. The coroner is performing an autopsy.
arrest, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 13 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 57 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 18 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break