Los Angeles News
3 charged in fatal Santa Monica alley shooting
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three suspects were arrested and charged in a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded in Santa Monica.
The shooting was reported at about 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of Michigan Avenue in Santa Monica. Santa Monica paramedics arrived at the scene and found two men suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to their torsos.
The two victims were in an alley behind 1759 15th Street when a Hispanic man with a gun walked up and fired several rounds into both suspects, then fled westbound on Michigan to a waiting vehicle, believed to be a blue Infiniti. The vehicle then drove off.
The two victims were transported to a local trauma center for surgery, where one died from his injuries. The condition of the other victim was in critical condition.
Several leads took investigators to the 1500 Block of Armacost in West Los Angeles. A short time later, two suspects matching witness descriptions were taken into custody after attempting to flee on foot; the third suspect was taken into custody inside a nearby apartment.
Los Angeles residents Christopher Chonan Osumi, 19; Meliton Lorenzo Lopez, 23; and Noah Jason Farris, 32, were arrested for the crime, the Santa Monica Police Department said Wednesday.
A handgun believed to have been used in the shooting was also recovered.
Osumi and Lopez were both booked for murder, attempted murder and criminal street gang participation. Bail for both was set at $1,040,000.
Farris was booked on accessory to a felony crime, criminal street gang participation. Farris was held without bail.
Osumi and Lopez were charged Thursday with murder and attempted murder. Farris was charged with being an accessory to the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact the Santa Monica Police Department at (310) 458-8495.
santa monica, shooting, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 41 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report