Los Angeles News
Woman found stabbed to death in street in West Hills
WEST HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A massive search is under way after a woman was found brutally stabbed to death in a residential street in West Hills.
Authorities believe 46-year-old Michael Rodney Kane killed his ex-wife, 43-year-old Michelle Kane.
Police say the Kanes had a history of domestic violence. Michelle Kane had reported a violation of a temporary restraining order Friday. She then took her two children and went to stay at the home of some friends.
Michelle Kane was found stabbed to death outside the home in the 7100 block of Deveron Ridge Road. Neighbors say Michael Kane entered the residence around 7:30 a.m. and threatened his ex-wife with a knife.
When authorities arrived, they found Michelle Kane in the street. She had been stabbed multiple times.
The homeowner told a friend he was awakened by the ex-husband allegedly threatening his wife with a knife.
The homeowner was injured when he confronted the attacker while Michelle Kane tried to escape by running outside. But the suspect got away and ran after the woman.
"Unfortunately for Howard, he slipped and fell," said John Marinovich, friend of the homeowner. "The assailant managed to confront his spouse again at the corner, and at that point, fatally stabbed her."
The victim's two children were at the house at the time of the incident. They are now in the care of relatives.
Earlier, investigators went to Michael Kane's apartment building on Vanowen Street and Fallbrook Avenue. Bloodstains were found in the building and at least one resident recalls seeing Kane earlier in the day with blood on his clothing.
Residents say Kane seemed to be very upset about his divorce.
"A lot of the residents would see or hear him screaming at the top of his lungs, on the phone I guess because the divorce wasn't going well," said neighbor Tim Liedel.
Police say Kane may be driving a 1999 Chrysler 300M either silver, gray or mint green in color, license plate 4HGP487.
Anyone who spots Kane was asked to call 911 or report tips by calling Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
los angeles news, amy powell
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)