Los Angeles News
Westlake Village deputy-involved shooting: Suspect shot, hospitalized
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect was shot and hospitalized following a deputy-involved shooting in Westlake Village Saturday.
The incident was reported at 9:08 p.m. at Agoura and Lakeview Canyon roads, near the Ventura County, Los Angeles County border.
Police responded to the area following reports of a hit-and run and found a vehicle matching the suspect's car near the area.When the deputy approached the vehicle, the driver sped away through a shopping center and then onto Agoura Road, traveling eastbound in the westbound traffic lanes.
The suspect, later identified as Rogelio Gutierrez, 33, of Gilroy then attempted to ram into the side of an approaching patrol vehicle.
Police say Gutierrez then reversed his vehicle toward a deputy who was now out of his vehicle. That's when the deputy fired several shots at the suspect.
Gutierrez was taken to Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center with multiple gun shot wounds. He is expected to survive.
No deputies were injured.
Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact Sgt. Ian Laughlin of the Sheriff's Major Crimes Bureau at (805) 383-8791 or (805) 384-4737.
los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 44 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 6 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video