Los Angeles News
Motorcycle fleeing police crashes in Long Beach; 2 dead
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people were killed in a Long Beach crash involving a motorcycle that was fleeing from police.
The crash was reported at 6:10 a.m. at the intersection of Norwalk Boulevard and Wardlow Road.
Authorities say police attempted to pull over a speeding motorcyclist on the 605 Freeway. He sped off at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour and exited on Spring Street. Officers also exited but lost sight of him. A short time later officers noticed smoke and saw the collision.
The 23-year-old motorcyclist had slammed into a white minivan, police said. The driver of the minivan, a 65-year-old woman from La Palma, and the motorcyclist were both declared dead at the scene.
The motorcycle burst into flames right after slamming into the driver's side of a white minivan. The motorcycle rider lay motionless about 20 feet from his bike.
Investigators suspect the motorcycle driver, a Lakewood resident, ran a red light right before the fatal collision. Authorities are still trying to determine why he wouldn't stop for police.
The accident is under investigation.
accident, california highway patrol, los angeles news, eileen frere
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations 1 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)