Los Angeles News
Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames in Los Angeles
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A fiery accident in Los Angeles near the Melrose district left one person dead early Tuesday morning.
The accident happened near the intersection of Highland and Melrose avenues at about 4:15 a.m. The vehicle slammed into a tree and caught fire.
Neighbors could be seen with hoses trying to put the flames out even before fire crews arrived on scene.
The driver, identified only as a male, was declared dead at the scene. His name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The cause of the accident has not been determined. Investigators were seen examining the vehicle, which sustained major damage.
Highland Avenue was expected to be closed for hours due to the investigation.
accident, hollywood, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 15 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 37 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future