Los Angeles News
Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 Freeway pile-up
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The wrong-way driver responsible for a collision and a massive traffic backup in the Antelope Valley was charged with driving under the influence causing injury Wednesday.
Rick Allen Walker, 54, was charged with four felony counts of DUI causing injury, the Los Angeles County District Attorney announced Wednesday.
Walker was arraigned Wednesday and remained jailed on $430,000 bond.
Walker allegedly drove southbound on northbound lanes of the 14 Freeway during Monday rush-hour traffic, resulting in at least eight vehicle collisions. Four people were seriously injured in the collision.
If convicted Walker faces up to eight years in prison. He is due back in court June 27.
los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants