Los Angeles News
Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 Freeway pile-up
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The wrong-way driver responsible for a collision and a massive traffic backup in the Antelope Valley was charged with driving under the influence causing injury Wednesday.
Rick Allen Walker, 54, was charged with four felony counts of DUI causing injury, the Los Angeles County District Attorney announced Wednesday.
Walker was arraigned Wednesday and remained jailed on $430,000 bond.
Walker allegedly drove southbound on northbound lanes of the 14 Freeway during Monday rush-hour traffic, resulting in at least eight vehicle collisions. Four people were seriously injured in the collision.
If convicted Walker faces up to eight years in prison. He is due back in court June 27.
los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 13 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 38 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break