Los Angeles News
East Los Angeles chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A male suspect led California Highway Patrol officers on a dangerous high-speed pursuit through the San Gabriel Valley and East Los Angeles on Wednesday night.
The suspect was wanted for speeding. At times, he reached speeds close to 120 mph, weaving in and out of lanes down the 60, the 710, and the 5 freeways.
Highway patrol units chased him into East Los Angeles, where he got off the freeway. He eventually pulled over around 10:15 p.m. at 6th Street and Atlantic Boulevard and gave up.
A woman who came out of a house and approached the suspect was also arrested. There were no accidents or injuries reported.
pursuit, car chase, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video