Los Angeles News
East Los Angeles chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A male suspect led California Highway Patrol officers on a dangerous high-speed pursuit through the San Gabriel Valley and East Los Angeles on Wednesday night.
The suspect was wanted for speeding. At times, he reached speeds close to 120 mph, weaving in and out of lanes down the 60, the 710, and the 5 freeways.
Highway patrol units chased him into East Los Angeles, where he got off the freeway. He eventually pulled over around 10:15 p.m. at 6th Street and Atlantic Boulevard and gave up.
A woman who came out of a house and approached the suspect was also arrested. There were no accidents or injuries reported.
pursuit, car chase, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis