Los Angeles News
East Los Angeles chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A male suspect led California Highway Patrol officers on a dangerous high-speed pursuit through the San Gabriel Valley and East Los Angeles on Wednesday night.
The suspect was wanted for speeding. At times, he reached speeds close to 120 mph, weaving in and out of lanes down the 60, the 710, and the 5 freeways.
Highway patrol units chased him into East Los Angeles, where he got off the freeway. He eventually pulled over around 10:15 p.m. at 6th Street and Atlantic Boulevard and gave up.
A woman who came out of a house and approached the suspect was also arrested. There were no accidents or injuries reported.
pursuit, car chase, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 41 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 6 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 10 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
50 min ago