Los Angeles News
Tourist found in downtown LA hotel water tank died from accidental drowning: LA coroner
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A missing tourist found in a water tank at a downtown Los Angeles hotel died from an accidental drowning, the coroner said Thursday.
The coroner said Elisa Lam, 21, climbed into the water tank.
The autopsy listed Lam's bipolar disorder under other findings.
Authorities say Lam's body was found at the Cecil Hotel Feb. 19 when a maintenance worker was checking the water tank. There had been complaints about a drop in water pressure.
Lam had been missing since around Jan. 31. She arrived in Los Angeles from British Columbia on Jan. 26. The nature of her visit was unclear.
missing person, downtown, body found, los angeles news
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 3 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim 7 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 5 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 18 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 35 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 25 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 58 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)