Los Angeles News
Tourist found in downtown LA hotel water tank died from accidental drowning: LA coroner
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A missing tourist found in a water tank at a downtown Los Angeles hotel died from an accidental drowning, the coroner said Thursday.
The coroner said Elisa Lam, 21, climbed into the water tank.
The autopsy listed Lam's bipolar disorder under other findings.
Authorities say Lam's body was found at the Cecil Hotel Feb. 19 when a maintenance worker was checking the water tank. There had been complaints about a drop in water pressure.
Lam had been missing since around Jan. 31. She arrived in Los Angeles from British Columbia on Jan. 26. The nature of her visit was unclear.
missing person, downtown, body found, los angeles news
- Funeral services to begin for LAPD Officer Lee 44 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Funeral service for LAPD Officer Nicholas...
38 min ago