Los Angeles News
Homeless man accused of attempted rape at Santa Monica bus bench
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A homeless man was arrested for allegedly trying to rape a woman waiting for a bus in Santa Monica.
Kelechi Amadi, 34, was arrested early Wednesday morning when police say they interrupted the sexual attack on a bus bench in the 400 block of Santa Monica Boulevard.
His alleged victim told officers that Amadi claimed he was going to rape her.
The suspect is a registered sex offender and police are trying to locate any additional victims. Amadi was arrested for sexual battery and assault to commit rape.
If you have any information that can help investigators, call Santa Monica police at (310) 458-8495.
santa monica, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 36 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 55 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
33 min ago