Los Angeles News
Suspicious item rendered safe in Sherman Oaks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The bomb squad was called to Ventura and Van Nuys boulevards in Sherman Oaks Sunday after a suspicious item was found nearby.
The incident began around 2 p.m. after someone spotted the item and called police.
Areas surrounding the sidewalk were cordoned off as police conducted their investigation.The scene was cleared around 4:40 p.m. after authorities determined the situation was not dangerous.
The item was described as an empty suitcase.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 21 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 24 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy 8 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video