Los Angeles News
Transient attempts to kidnap 6-year-old girl at Arcadia park
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 33-year-old man was arrested on Sunday afternoon for attempting to kidnap a 6-year-old girl at an Arcadia park.
Deputies responded to the crowded park in the 400 block of South Santa Anita Avenue at 3:35 p.m. Jason Macklin Dell, who was described as a transient, allegedly grabbed the girl's hand and tried to drag her away, pulling her about 100 feet away.
But the girl screamed and struggled, managing to free herself. She ran to her mother, who called 911 and confronted the suspect.
Dell was taken into custody for kidnapping and annoying a child. He is being held on $400,000 bail at the Temple Sheriff's Station.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video