Los Angeles News
Hollywood murder suspect arrested multiple times before stabbing
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- County officials say the transient charged with a fatal stabbing in Hollywood had multiple prior arrests.
Los Angeles County Probation Department's Reaver Bingham says Dustin Kinnear was picked up by police four times since his April 6 release from prison, including on May 28, when he was convicted of battery and sentenced to three days in county jail.
Kinnear was on probation in 2012 for an assault with a deadly weapon conviction when he was found with brass knuckles and a dagger. He was sentenced to three years in state prison for violating his probation terms and was released after serving 96 days because of custody credits.
Kinnear was under county supervision as part of AB 109.
ABC7.com earlier reported that Kinnear had been released from prison due to the AB 209 program known as "realignment." The information was received from an L.A. County Supervisor's office and the Associated Press.
"Kinnear served his legally required state prison sentence. Under Realignment he was under county probation supervision (in the past he would have been under state parole supervision)," the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) said in a statement.
"He was released from prison when he was set to be released. ... He would have been released into the community at the same time before or after Realignment. The only difference is who was supervising him. Pre-realignament it would have been state parole -- now, under Realignment it was county probation," the statement said.
"No one has ever been released from prison early under AB 109," CDCR said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
stabbing, arrest, murder, homicide investigation, hollywood, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 18 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 23 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video