Los Angeles News
Littlerock shooting part of domestic dispute; gunman at large
LITTLEROCK, Calif. (KABC) -- A domestic dispute took a deadly turn in Littlerock, where a man was shot and killed and a woman was injured. Now, the search is on for the gunman.
The incident occurred near a home in the 35700 block of 82nd Street shortly after midnight. Sheriff's deputies responded to reports of gunfire and found a man dead at the scene. A woman with gunshot wounds was transported to an area hospital for treatment. She is expected to recover.
Investigators say the shooter and the two victims appear to be related and that the shooting was part of a domestic dispute over property.
"My understanding is they had an argument over something led to this. We don't know what it is at this point in time. We haven't had a chance to interview everyone that was present," said Lt. Mike Rosson with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The gunman remains at large, but investigators say the shooting was a targeted incident and the general public is not in danger.
At about 7:30 a.m., deputies were involved in a shooting in the 36600 block of 117th Street East during a narcotics raid. Officials said one person was shot and pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators said the two shootings were not related.
If you have any information about these cases, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)