Los Angeles News
Compton suspect killed in deputy-involved shooting
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a fatal deputy-involved shooting in Compton Thursday morning. Investigators say the man was armed with a handgun.
Authorities say the incident happened in the 1100 block of Arbutus Street at about 5 a.m. Deputies say they were responding to a report of a burglary in process on Poplar Street. When they arrived, they saw a man hopping over a fence of the home onto Arbutus Street.
During a confrontation with deputies, the suspect pointed the revolver at them, authorities said. The suspect, a man in his early 20s, was declared dead at the scene.
A handgun was recovered at the scene. No deputies were injured.
Neighbors were visibly upset with the deputies for killing the man. Those who knew him said he was very popular in the neighborhood and leaves behind a young son.
deputy-involved shooting, shooting, los angeles news, christina salvo
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 10 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film