Los Angeles News
Littlerock narcotics bust: Deputies kill 1 suspect
LITTLEROCK, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in the High Desert after Los Angeles County deputies shot and killed a suspect during a narcotics bust on Thursday.
Sheriff's officials arrived at a home in the 36600 block of 117th Street East in Littlerock at about 7:30 a.m. with a warrant. Once inside, deputies say they got into an altercation with a man who pulled a handgun on them. That's when deputies shot the suspect.
The property is very isolated, with a few structures on it that appear to be dwellings. Around midday, sheriff's officials brought out five or six people from the property, including one individual who appeared to be a child or a teenager.
Investigators say they found contraband on the property but would not release further details.
This is one of two shootings in Littlerock on Thursday, though authorities say they were not related.
Just past midnight, a man was killed and a woman was wounded in a shooting near a home in the 35700 block of 82nd Street. Authorities say this incident began as a domestic dispute, and the gunman remains at large. The woman suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was expected to survive.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees