Los Angeles News
Alhambra traffic stop leads to drug, firearm, illegal fireworks bust
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- What started as a traffic stop led police to a stash of cocaine and illegal fireworks in Alhambra.
Officers pulled over a car at about 7 p.m. Tuesday for a minor vehicle code violation. The driver was Manuel Alex Ortiz, a convicted felon. Officers found live ammunition inside the car, which is a felony, considering Ortiz's criminal record.
Alhambra police officers were led to a nearby home during a follow-up investigation. They found a stolen firearm, a quarter pound of cocaine and more than 1,000 pounds of illegal fireworks.
Ortiz posted bond and was released on Wednesday. His next court date is scheduled for July 29.
san gabriel valley, arrest, los angeles news
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop 14 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Salt water treatment helps rare lung disease
4 min ago