Los Angeles News
Alhambra traffic stop leads to drug, firearm, illegal fireworks bust
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- What started as a traffic stop led police to a stash of cocaine and illegal fireworks in Alhambra.
Officers pulled over a car at about 7 p.m. Tuesday for a minor vehicle code violation. The driver was Manuel Alex Ortiz, a convicted felon. Officers found live ammunition inside the car, which is a felony, considering Ortiz's criminal record.
Alhambra police officers were led to a nearby home during a follow-up investigation. They found a stolen firearm, a quarter pound of cocaine and more than 1,000 pounds of illegal fireworks.
Ortiz posted bond and was released on Wednesday. His next court date is scheduled for July 29.
san gabriel valley, arrest, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 52 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 42 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break