Los Angeles News
Inglewood kidnapped teen found safe, unharmed
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators said a kidnapped teenager from Inglewood who was reported missing Sunday has been found unharmed.
The details of the case remain unclear but police confirmed 17-year-old Dalayshia Miles was located and returned to her family.
The 17-year-old disappeared after she left her Inglewood apartment to meet her stepmom at nearby Darby Park.
Miles' family had received a phone call on Wednesday night from an unknown man saying he had the 17-year-old. Family members weren't able to recognize the man's voice but did recognize their daughter's voice in the background screaming for help.
Investigators have not revealed details of how Miles disappeared but said the teen was able to contact her family and provide a location.
Miles, who suffers from schizophrenic and bi-polar, is now undergoing precautionary medical treatment.
Officials said no arrests have been made at this time but the investigation continues.
Anyone with information was urged to contact Inglewood police Detective Loyd Waters at (310) 412-5240.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 7 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 33 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...