Los Angeles News
Pacoima armed suspect shot, killed by police
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An alleged armed and dangerous suspect was shot and killed following an altercation with police in Pacoima Sunday.
Los Angeles police responded to a call regarding an active shooter on the 1200 block of Van Nuys Boulevard just after 12 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers encountered and armed suspect along with a male victim the suspect had allegedly shot moments earlier.
Police say the man then turned his gun on deputies. That's when the suspect was shot and killed by police.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity was not immediately released.
The victim was transported to a local hospital and is said to be in stable condition.
No officers were hurt doing the shooting.
Authorities aren't sure if the two men knew each other or if the shooting may have been gang-related. Both men were described as Hispanic males.
The investigation is ongoing.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 19 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks