Los Angeles News
Car-to-car shooting closes NB 110 Freeway lanes in South LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Northbound lanes of the 110 Freeway were shut down between the 105 Freeway and Florence Avenue due to a car-to-car shooting Tuesday afternoon.
A traffic collision and shots fired were reported about 12:30 p.m. at Manchester and the 110 Freeway, the LAPD said.
The CHP said a driver called to report they were injured, and a car window was broken or shot out. The caller was pulled over on the shoulder and was then hospitalized in unknown condition.
The LAPD said the victim is a 40-year-old black man. He was in critical condition and was in surgery Tuesday afternoon.
The victim was merging off the northbound 110 near Florence when another car pulled up and opened fire, according to the LAPD.
The victim pulled off the exit and crashed into a fence. A woman and another man were in the car but were not hurt.
The suspect vehicle was only described as dark in color.
The LAPD said the shooting was believed to be gang-related based on interviews.
Northbound lanes were closed while investigators walked the roadway looking for evidence. All northbound off-ramps were also closed.
Northbound freeway lanes were reopened by 2:05 p.m. The Florence Avenue exit remained closed during the shooting investigation by the LAPD.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)