Los Angeles News
Compton hit-and-run driver drags, kills 65-year-old pedestrian
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A 65-year-old pedestrian was killed after he was hit by a car and dragged for 75 feet in Compton. Now, the search is on for the hit-and-run driver.
The incident happened shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday on North Alameda Street near East Oaks Street.
The suspect's vehicle is described as a white sedan. By the time deputies arrived on the scene, the victim was dead.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Compton Station at (310) 605-6500.
hit and run, car crash, los angeles news
- UK theater collapse: 20-40 injuries reported 8 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 54 min ago