Los Angeles News
Compton hit-and-run driver drags, kills 65-year-old pedestrian
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A 65-year-old pedestrian was killed after he was hit by a car and dragged for 75 feet in Compton. Now, the search is on for the hit-and-run driver.
The incident happened shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday on North Alameda Street near East Oaks Street.
The suspect's vehicle is described as a white sedan. By the time deputies arrived on the scene, the victim was dead.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Compton Station at (310) 605-6500.
hit and run, car crash, los angeles news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons