Los Angeles News
Northridge multi-vehicle crash injures 6, including 3 pedestrians
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A three-vehicle crash injured six people in Northridge Wednesday night.
The accident happened around 8 p.m. near the intersection of Tampa Avenue and Roscoe Boulevard. The area was littered with debris.
Police say a silver car and a blue pickup truck were traveling northbound on Tampa Avenue and they appeared to be going more than double the speed limit. It's unclear if the drivers were racing or if they had an incident of road rage leading up to the crash.
Witness Brittany Compton was at the light when she heard the impact.
"We were talking and we heard a loud bang and I look up and I see the van just turning and turning and papers flying out," said Compton.
Police say the van that flipped over started to make a left turn onto Roscoe, just as the silver car and the blue pickup truck sped through the intersection.
"Witnesses have advised us that there was an incident going on between the two cars. Both cars were described as traveling in excess of 80 to 90 mph," said Capt. Maureen Ryan with the Los Angeles Police Department.
The LAPD says three women on the corner were injured when the pickup landed on the sidewalk. Paramedics transported the pedestrians and the drivers of all three vehicles to area hospitals. Police say at least one of the women who was struck on the sidewalk remained in critical condition. She was undergoing surgery Wednesday night.
car crash, accident, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)