Los Angeles News
Small plane crashes on 405 Freeway in Long Beach
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A small plane crashed Saturday afternoon on the shoulder of the 405 Freeway in Long Beach.
It happened on the north side of the freeway between Cherry Street and Orange Avenue. The pilot walked away from the accident with only minor injuries.
The CHP issued a SigAlert, closing the on and off-ramps to the northbound freeway at Cherry Avenue. The ramps eventually reopened.
The FAA is investigating the cause of the crash.
plane crash, freeway, long beach, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 21 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 49 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 57 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
6 min ago