Los Angeles News
Small plane crashes on 405 Freeway in Long Beach
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A small plane crashed Saturday afternoon on the shoulder of the 405 Freeway in Long Beach.
It happened on the north side of the freeway between Cherry Street and Orange Avenue. The pilot walked away from the accident with only minor injuries.
The CHP issued a SigAlert, closing the on and off-ramps to the northbound freeway at Cherry Avenue. The ramps eventually reopened.
The FAA is investigating the cause of the crash.
plane crash, freeway, long beach, los angeles news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing 39 min ago
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- New video game helps young cancer patients
17 min ago