Los Angeles News
Van Nuys shooting suspect shoots self after Ventura County chase
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A shooting suspect led police on a chase through the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County before taking his own life.
It started with a shooting around 10:30 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 14000 block of Vose Street in Van Nuys.
Police say a man walked into the home and shot the woman. She was transported to Cedars Sinai Medical Center, where she was listed in critical but stable condition.
Police arrived on scene, and that's when the man led officers on a two-hour pursuit, which went through the cities of Camarillo, Oxnard and Ventura before returning to Van Nuys.
Officers used a pit maneuver to stop the driver at Sherman Way and Haskell Boulevard.
The man shot himself in the head and died at the scene, said authorities.
shooting, car chase, pursuit, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 23 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video