Los Angeles News
Girl allegedly kidnapped from Topanga mall, sexually assaulted; suspect sought
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are hunting for a suspect who allegedly kidnapped a girl from the Westfield Mall in Topanga and sexually assaulted her.
Police say it all started on July 4 around 5:30 p.m. when the 19-year-old victim was walking to her car after leaving work at the mall. As she stood near her car in the mall parking lot, she was approached by the suspect, who pulled out a knife and forced her into her car. She was then held hostage for three hours.
During that time, she was sexually assaulted, according to police. Police also say the suspect forced the victim to drive around to multiple locations including the San Fernando Valley, Pasadena and downtown Los Angeles, where she made her escape near Union Station.
The suspect also allegedly stole property from the girl and accessed her bank account through her ATM card.
Westfield declined to comment on the incident.
The suspect is described as a black male in his early 20s, of fit build, standing between 5 feet 6 inches tall to 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing between 140 to 160 pounds.
The suspect faces charges of kidnapping, sexual assault and robbery.
Anyone with information is urged to call 1-877-LAPD-24-7.
sex crimes, kidnap, lapd, los angeles news, john hartung
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online 49 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
36 min ago
- Study: Small hits in sports affect kids'...
21 min ago