Los Angeles News
Dog owner arrested for abusing 3-month-old puppy in Highland Park
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 3-month-old puppy is recovering after his owner was arrested for allegedly kicking him and swinging him in the air.
It happened in Highland Park Sunday. Police say the man was swinging the French bulldog on a leash "like a yo-yo."
Los Angeles Animal Services says the dog was treated for cuts and scrapes and is lethargic, but should make a full recovery.
The 28-year-old owner, identified as Joseph Fragoso, faces felony charges and could get three years in jail if convicted.
The puppy is being cared for at the North Central Animal Shelter at 3201 Lacy Street. According to Annette Ramirez of Los Angeles Animal Services, the puppy will be held at the shelter for 30 days as evidence. Then depending on a court decision, he may be up for adoption to the public.
animal news, arrest, los angeles news
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 26 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 4 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 43 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 52 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 57 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...