Los Angeles News
Dog owner arrested for abusing 3-month-old puppy in Highland Park
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 3-month-old puppy is recovering after his owner was arrested for allegedly kicking him and swinging him in the air.
It happened in Highland Park Sunday. Police say the man was swinging the French bulldog on a leash "like a yo-yo."
Los Angeles Animal Services says the dog was treated for cuts and scrapes and is lethargic, but should make a full recovery.
The 28-year-old owner, identified as Joseph Fragoso, faces felony charges and could get three years in jail if convicted.
The puppy is being cared for at the North Central Animal Shelter at 3201 Lacy Street. According to Annette Ramirez of Los Angeles Animal Services, the puppy will be held at the shelter for 30 days as evidence. Then depending on a court decision, he may be up for adoption to the public.
animal news, arrest, los angeles news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event