Los Angeles News
Dog owner arrested for abusing 3-month-old puppy in Highland Park
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 3-month-old puppy is recovering after his owner was arrested for allegedly kicking him and swinging him in the air.
It happened in Highland Park Sunday. Police say the man was swinging the French bulldog on a leash "like a yo-yo."
Los Angeles Animal Services says the dog was treated for cuts and scrapes and is lethargic, but should make a full recovery.
The 28-year-old owner, identified as Joseph Fragoso, faces felony charges and could get three years in jail if convicted.
The puppy is being cared for at the North Central Animal Shelter at 3201 Lacy Street. According to Annette Ramirez of Los Angeles Animal Services, the puppy will be held at the shelter for 30 days as evidence. Then depending on a court decision, he may be up for adoption to the public.
animal news, arrest, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report