Los Angeles News
Montebello teen fatally struck by hit-and-run driver in Ontario
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A family and Ontario Police are asking for your help to find a driver who hit and killed a young bicyclist. A vigil is scheduled for Friday in Montebello.
"He had big dreams, but this person cut his dreams, and we would like to find some justice," said Horacio Pineda Sr., father of the victim.
Pineda and his family gathered with some of their sons' friends and members of his high school marching band to support each other as they mourn the death of Horacio Pineda Jr.
It's been a difficult time since the teen was hit while riding his bike last Saturday night. Pineda Jr. played tuba for the Montebello High School marching band. His friends say he was really looking forward to his senior year.
According to Ontario Police, Pineda Jr. was struck at the intersection of Riverside Drive and Walker Avenue around 11:30 p.m. last Saturday. A passerby saw him lying on the ground and went to check on him and then called police.
Detectives have very little on the driver or vehicle that hit the 17-year-old. Anyone with information is urged to call the Ontario Police Department at (909) 986-6711.
hit and run, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video