Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera deputies injured after slamming into telephone pole
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- Four sheriff's deputies were injured after their patrol car slammed into a telephone pole in Pico Rivera Friday.
The crash occurred on the 5700 block of Passons Boulevard around 12:53 a.m.
According to authorities, the driver of the patrol car observed an approaching vehicle as he approached the intersection of Mines Avenue. The deputy allegedly swerved to avoid a collision but lost control.
Two deputies were transported to a trauma center with serious injuries. They are now listed in stable condition. The other two deputies were transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and have since been released.
Authorities said the deputies were responding to an assistance request of a deputy in a fight.
No other information was released. The investigation is ongoing.
car crash, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 55 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 7 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 59 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 35 min ago
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says
- Pet of the Week: 3-year-old Chow mix Trixie
52 min ago