Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera deputies injured after slamming into telephone pole
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- Four sheriff's deputies were injured after their patrol car slammed into a telephone pole in Pico Rivera Friday.
The crash occurred on the 5700 block of Passons Boulevard around 12:53 a.m.
According to authorities, the driver of the patrol car observed an approaching vehicle as he approached the intersection of Mines Avenue. The deputy allegedly swerved to avoid a collision but lost control.
Two deputies were transported to a trauma center with serious injuries. They are now listed in stable condition. The other two deputies were transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and have since been released.
Authorities said the deputies were responding to an assistance request of a deputy in a fight.
No other information was released. The investigation is ongoing.
car crash, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)