Los Angeles News
Man shot dead in car in Mid-City; gunman on the loose
MID-CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was shot dead in his car after an altercation in Mid-City on Friday, sparking a manhunt for the gunman.
Police say the altercation started in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven when two men got out of their cars and began to argue.
As the argument ensued, one of the men got back into his car to leave the scene. That's when the other man shot at him through the driver's window. The man then lost control of his vehicle, sideswiped an Audi and crashed.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The suspect got into his vehicle, described as a silver Armada, and left.
An eyewitness said he went up to the driver's side window to administer aid to the victim, but it appeared the man was already dead by the time he got there. The witness also said it appeared the man was in his mid 20s.
Neither the victim nor the suspect has officially been identified by officers. Police are reviewing surveillance video to help determine who the suspect is.
car crash, shooting, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)