Los Angeles News
Road rage sparks fatal car-to-car shooting in Arleta
ARLETA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help finding the suspect responsible for fatally shooting a 22-year-old following a road-rage incident in Arleta Saturday.
Investigators say the suspect, who was traveling in a gray Dodge Challenger, pulled a gun on the victim in an underpass of the Interstate 5 around 3 p.m.
"It appears there was an argument between the two vehicles," said LAPD Lt. Kameran Kahn. "The suspect had two people in the vehicle and the victim had three."
A picture of both cars involved was captured by a home surveillance camera moments before the alleged road rage shooting accident occurred.
Investigators say the red Kia and Dodge Challenger got into a heated argument heading westbound on Branford Street approaching the Interstate 5.
Witnesses told investigators the driver of the Challenger fired a single shot which struck the driver of the Kia. The 22-year-old later died at the hospital.
The Kia's passengers weren't hurt. Detectives hope the suspect's description and picture will spark someone's memory.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male between 22 to 23 years of age with green eyes.
Anyone who recognizes the gray Dodge Challenger or has any information on this incident was urged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
shooting, caught on tape, murder, los angeles news, q mccray
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot 3 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 34 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress 59 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14