Los Angeles News
Mid-City prop rental company damaged in fire
MID-CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Mid-City prop rental company has a huge cleanup job ahead on Wednesday following an early morning fire.
Massive flames and thick smoke were seen shortly before 3 a.m. at Basic Black Studio Rentals along the 1100 block of South La Brea Avenue near Edgewood Place.
Firefighters say the blaze started outside the store. Furniture on display along the outer patio suffered the most damage.
The store rents out high-priced and unique furniture pieces for Hollywood movie sets. It has been in business for two generations.
Arson investigators and about 30 firefighters were on scene. It took crews about 20 minutes to knock down the flames.
A two-story apartment building directly behind the store was threatened for a short time but did not sustain any damage. No one was hurt.
Authorities say the business is not a total loss, but the store did suffer a considerable amount of damage. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
mid-city, fire, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 21 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 10 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 38 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 47 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 52 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...