Los Angeles News
Car-to-car fatal shooting: suspect sketch released
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police released sketches of a man suspected of fatally shooting another driver in Arleta traffic on Saturday.
Two cars were traveling under the 5 Freeway on Branford Avenue at about 3 p.m. Saturday when a single shot was fired from a gray Dodge Challenger into a red Kia, according to witnesses.
North Hollywood resident Richard Eduardo Ruiz, 22, was struck. He later died at a hospital. Two companions in his car were not injured.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s with green eyes.
The suspect vehicle was described as a gray Dodge Challenger RT model with custom rims.
Anyone with information is urged to call Detective Ryan Verna, Mission Homicide Unit, at (818) 838-9976. Anonymous tips can be called into CrimeStoppers at (800) 222-TIPS or by texting 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cellphone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD." Online tips may be placed at LAPDOnline.org, click on "Webtips" and follow the prompts.
shooting, caught on tape, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 14 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 6 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors