Los Angeles News
South LA shooting may be gang-related; Woman killed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 26-year-old woman was killed following an apparent drive-by shooting in South Los Angeles Friday, officials said.
The shooting occurred near the 500 block of 95th Street near Figueroa Avenue around 11:30 p.m.
Investigators say the woman was walking with her boyfriend when a car drove by and opened fire.
One of the rounds struck the unidentified woman in the head. The man was not hit.
Police say the fatal shot was fired from a white sedan with four males inside.
The investigation is ongoing. Police are investigating whether the shooting was gang-related.
shooting, murder, gang activity, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 38 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 55 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 19 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer 17 min ago
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book