Los Angeles News
Girl, 10, critically injured in fall down San Pedro cliff
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-year-old girl was critically injured when she fell down a cliff at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro on Saturday.
The accident happened near Sunken City Trail. Fire officials say a group of family members were walking down the trail. The little girl slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet.
Rescuers were able to reach her and she was transported by helicopter to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Hospital officials say she suffered head injuries and is in critical condition.
What caused her to fall is unclear.
The Point Fermin cliffs have a history of fatal falls, including the 2007 death of University of Southern California kicker Mario Danelo.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
rescue, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants