Los Angeles News
Girl, 10, critically injured in fall down San Pedro cliff
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-year-old girl was critically injured when she fell down a cliff at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro on Saturday.
The accident happened near Sunken City Trail. Fire officials say a group of family members were walking down the trail. The little girl slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet.
Rescuers were able to reach her and she was transported by helicopter to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Hospital officials say she suffered head injuries and is in critical condition.
What caused her to fall is unclear.
The Point Fermin cliffs have a history of fatal falls, including the 2007 death of University of Southern California kicker Mario Danelo.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
rescue, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis