Los Angeles News
Trash truck hits, kills 87-year-old woman in LA's Lincoln Heights
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 87-year old woman was killed in Los Angeles' Lincoln Heights area after being hit by a garbage truck Monday.
Police say the woman was struck around 11:30 a.m. by a city trash truck at the intersection of Broadway and Avenue 22. She was declared dead at the scene.
The truck was traveling southbound on Broadway, according to police, and the woman was standing at the northwest corner of Broadway and Avenue 22. Investigators say the truck driver did not initially know that he had hit the woman until someone flagged him down.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 9 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
10 min ago