Los Angeles News
Trash truck hits, kills 87-year-old woman in LA's Lincoln Heights
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 87-year old woman was killed in Los Angeles' Lincoln Heights area after being hit by a garbage truck Monday.
Police say the woman was struck around 11:30 a.m. by a city trash truck at the intersection of Broadway and Avenue 22. She was declared dead at the scene.
The truck was traveling southbound on Broadway, according to police, and the woman was standing at the northwest corner of Broadway and Avenue 22. Investigators say the truck driver did not initially know that he had hit the woman until someone flagged him down.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 53 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 37 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break