Los Angeles News
Pacific Palisades shooting: Man shoots caregiver, kills self
PACIFIC PALISADES, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man shot and wounded his caregiver Tuesday before killing himself at his home in an exclusive gated community in Pacific Palisades, according to police.
Authorities responded to a call of shots fired in the 1400 block of Paseo de Oro at 8:24 a.m. When police arrived, they found a man dead at the scene. An injured woman, identified as his caretaker, was taken by helicopter to a hospital in serious condition.
Neighbors say man had suffered a stroke several months back. Police did not confirm that information, but did say the person had some kind of medical condition.
The neighborhood is a remote area in the Pacific Palisades. Witnesses say the injured woman had been screaming for about 20 minutes before paramedics arrived.
"The woman who was shot was screaming for help for a pretty long time," said resident Ryan O'Neal. "She sounded like she was in agony."
Police say the gunman's wife was in the home at the time of the shooting, but she was unharmed.
shooting, homicide investigation, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
1 min ago