Los Angeles News
Pacific Palisades shooting: Man shoots caregiver, kills self
PACIFIC PALISADES, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man shot and wounded his caregiver Tuesday before killing himself at his home in an exclusive gated community in Pacific Palisades, according to police.
Authorities responded to a call of shots fired in the 1400 block of Paseo de Oro at 8:24 a.m. When police arrived, they found a man dead at the scene. An injured woman, identified as his caretaker, was taken by helicopter to a hospital in serious condition.
Neighbors say man had suffered a stroke several months back. Police did not confirm that information, but did say the person had some kind of medical condition.
The neighborhood is a remote area in the Pacific Palisades. Witnesses say the injured woman had been screaming for about 20 minutes before paramedics arrived.
"The woman who was shot was screaming for help for a pretty long time," said resident Ryan O'Neal. "She sounded like she was in agony."
Police say the gunman's wife was in the home at the time of the shooting, but she was unharmed.
shooting, homicide investigation, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 49 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 59 min ago
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 7 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 19 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...