Los Angeles News
A Flock of Seagulls empty van recovered
DOWNEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Whittier police say they recovered a van stolen from the 1980s band A Flock of Seagulls on Tuesday night.
The van was found in the 9100 block of Millergrove Drive in Santa Fe Springs at about 8:40 p.m. Unfortunately, the $70,000 worth of musical equipment and stage clothes were gone.
Surveillance video caught images of the thief stealing the van loaded with equipment from the band early Sunday morning outside a Comfort Inn in Downey after the band had played a gig.
A Flock of Seagulls is best known for their 1982 hit "I Ran." The band is continuing their tour with rented equipment.
burglary, music news, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months