Los Angeles News
Mother fatally shot on Long Beach street
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was fatally shot Thursday at a Long Beach apartment complex at Walnut Avenue and Fifth Street.
Long Beach resident Jazzmine Wash, 23, was dropping off her 3-year-old child at the home of a relative on the 500 block of Walnut Avenue at about 6:20 a.m., according to police. Wash died at the scene.
She was reportedly shot as she retrieved a diaper bag from her car, police said. Police said she was shot multiple times in the upper body.
A motive was not determined Thursday.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact Long Beach Police detectives Hugo Cortes or Peter Lackovic at (562) 570-7244, or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
City News Service contributed to this report.
long beach, shooting, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 20 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 57 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 8 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis