Los Angeles News
2 pedestrians struck by hit-and-run driver on PCH in Malibu
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Two pedestrians were struck by a hit-and-run driver on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu Friday night, prompting the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. to close the roadway in both directions for an investigation.
The pedestrians were injured in the collision on the 25500 block of PCH between Corral Canyon and Puerco Canyon roads.
An adult and a child were reportedly struck in front of the Malibu RV Park. The two were hospitalized in critical condition at UCLA Medical Center.
Deputies were searching the area for the hit-and-run vehicle and driver, according to the sheriff's department.
The Malibu sheriff's station said PCH was reopened in both directions at about 9:45 p.m.
City News Service contributed to this report.
malibu/pacific palisades, pacific coast highway, hit and run, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots 3 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries 25 min ago
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 50 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 42 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report