Los Angeles News
Man in underwear attacks Beverly Hills restaurant - caught on cam
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested on vandalism charges after an attack inside a Beverly Hills restaurant Thursday. The rampage was caught on camera.
The violence erupted just before 10 p.m. inside Enoteca Drago restaurant. There were about 10 employees and 20 customers inside.
In the video, you can see one woman grabbing her stuff and fleeing when the 29-year-old suspect, standing more than 6 feet tall, weighing more than 300 pounds, and wearing only his underwear, rushed in and started destroying anything he could grab.
"He was a very large man, could do a lot of damage and did it pretty quickly," said Steven Piano, co-owner of the restaurant.
The suspect, identified as Kishane Almendarez, caused extensive damage, destroying 50 to 60 bottles of wine, leaving some still splattered on the ceiling, a mirror shattered and nerves shaken.
Piano says the sudden and violent rampage lasted three to four minutes before the suspect ran out the back door. Police chased him as he jumped onto a car and smashed the windshield with his hands. Police used a Taser on the suspect and arrested him.
Piano says he's just grateful no one was hurt.
caught on tape, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks