Los Angeles News
Man in underwear attacks Beverly Hills restaurant - caught on cam
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested on vandalism charges after an attack inside a Beverly Hills restaurant Thursday. The rampage was caught on camera.
The violence erupted just before 10 p.m. inside Enoteca Drago restaurant. There were about 10 employees and 20 customers inside.
In the video, you can see one woman grabbing her stuff and fleeing when the 29-year-old suspect, standing more than 6 feet tall, weighing more than 300 pounds, and wearing only his underwear, rushed in and started destroying anything he could grab.
"He was a very large man, could do a lot of damage and did it pretty quickly," said Steven Piano, co-owner of the restaurant.
The suspect, identified as Kishane Almendarez, caused extensive damage, destroying 50 to 60 bottles of wine, leaving some still splattered on the ceiling, a mirror shattered and nerves shaken.
Piano says the sudden and violent rampage lasted three to four minutes before the suspect ran out the back door. Police chased him as he jumped onto a car and smashed the windshield with his hands. Police used a Taser on the suspect and arrested him.
Piano says he's just grateful no one was hurt.
caught on tape, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 43 min ago
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated 30 min ago
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate