Los Angeles News
Malibu hit-run injures woman, 3-year-old
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman and a 3-year-old child were struck by a hit-and-run driver while attempting to cross a street in Malibu Friday.
The incident occurred on the 25800 block of Pacific Coast Highway near the Malibu RV Park around 8:30 p.m.
Authorities said the victims were coming back from the beach when they were struck while crossing the highway.
"We understand that the victims were crossing PCH from the ocean side to the other side," said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Patrick Mathers. "They were legally crossing the highway. We believe they were possibly struck by the side view mirror."
The adult victim sustained a broken arm. The 3-year-old sustained a fractured hip and numerous facial abrasions. Both victims were transported by helicopter to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center for treatment.
The incident shut down Pacific Coast Highway between Corral Canyon Road and Puerco Canyon Road for about 90 minutes Friday night as deputies conducted their investigation.
The hit-and-run driver's car has been described as a white or silver-colored SUV.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact Lost Hills Sheriff's station at (818) 878-1808.
hit and run, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report