Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles suspect search: Gunman shoots at cops
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is underway in South Los Angeles for a man who was involved in a shooting with police early Sunday morning.
Police said a man carrying a shotgun walked right by a pair of officers who were in an unmarked vehicle around 1 a.m. near 54th Street and Normandie Avenue.
The officers approached the suspect and told him to drop his weapon. Detectives said the man turned around and shot at the officers. The officers were not hurt. They fired back, but it's unknown if the suspect was injured.
The suspect took off on foot. His shotgun was found at an Arco gas station. It's unknown if he has any other weapons on him.
Police set up a search perimeter, but after several hours, there was no sign of the suspect.
DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
lapd, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing 57 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 7 min ago
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says