Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles suspect search: Gunman shoots at cops
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is underway in South Los Angeles for a man who was involved in a shooting with police early Sunday morning.
Police said a man carrying a shotgun walked right by a pair of officers who were in an unmarked vehicle around 1 a.m. near 54th Street and Normandie Avenue.
The officers approached the suspect and told him to drop his weapon. Detectives said the man turned around and shot at the officers. The officers were not hurt. They fired back, but it's unknown if the suspect was injured.
The suspect took off on foot. His shotgun was found at an Arco gas station. It's unknown if he has any other weapons on him.
Police set up a search perimeter, but after several hours, there was no sign of the suspect.
DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
lapd, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 40 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 18 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover 11 min ago
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
52 min ago