Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles suspect search: Gunman shoots at cops
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is underway in South Los Angeles for a man who was involved in a shooting with police early Sunday morning.
Police said a man carrying a shotgun walked right by a pair of officers who were in an unmarked vehicle around 1 a.m. near 54th Street and Normandie Avenue.
The officers approached the suspect and told him to drop his weapon. Detectives said the man turned around and shot at the officers. The officers were not hurt. They fired back, but it's unknown if the suspect was injured.
The suspect took off on foot. His shotgun was found at an Arco gas station. It's unknown if he has any other weapons on him.
Police set up a search perimeter, but after several hours, there was no sign of the suspect.
DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
lapd, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event