Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles fatal shooting may be gang-related
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a 26-year-old man was shot and killed following a confrontation with teenagers in South Los Angeles.
Police say the man was walking near Maple Avenue and 28th Street at about 9:40 p.m. Monday when he was confronted by two teens on bicycles. One of the teens opened fire, killing the man.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
Investigators believe the shooting may have been gang-related.
Detailed descriptions of the suspects were not available.
City News Service contributed to this report.
south los angeles, shooting, gang activity, los angeles news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice 15 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US Korean War vet back home after detention 1 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees